This is the most delicious way to eat your daily vegetable requirement! Per serving, this dish includes one whole zucchini, a whole large tomato, two cups of spinach and a cup of mushrooms! This dish will definitely surprise you, it tastes like a cheat meal…but it isn’t, WIN!
First, start off by heating a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil in saucepan on medium heat. Add one large clove of minced garlic and a quarter cup of diced white onion. Cook until they brown. Next add one cup of diced tomatoes, half a tablespoon of basil paste and sea salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer on medium heat for ten minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a blender. Blend until smooth and set aside.
In a large frying pan coated with a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, cook two slices of chopped turkey bacon, one cup of finely chopped mushrooms and two cups of chopped spinach on medium heat. Add sea salt and pepper to taste and cook until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl. Add a quarter cup of light extra smooth ricotta cheese to the blend and mix well.
To make the ravioli, cut zucchini in half lengthwise and shave it into thin slices (will make approximately fourteen slices).
Take two slices and place them in a cross like form. Add a tablespoon of the filing in the center of the cross.
Fold the sides in a crisscross fashion. Repeat to make seven raviolis.
Heat up one teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil in a large frying pan and carefully add in raviolis, seam side down. Cook on medium heat for three minutes per side.
Remove from pan and transfer to plate. Top with fresh tomato basil sauce and serve!
Mushroom, Spinach & Turkey Bacon Stuffed Zucchini Ravioli with Fresh Tomato Basil Sauce
Makes 1 serving
1 cup Tomato, chopped
¼ cup White onion, diced
1 Large garlic clove, minced
½ tbsp Basil paste
1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
2 cups Spinach, chopped
1 cup Mini bella mushrooms, finely chopped
2 slice Light turkey bacon, chopped
¼ cup Extra smooth light ricotta cheese
2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up olive oil in a saucepan. Add garlic and onions and cook until they brown.
- Add tomatoes, basil paste, sea salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Transfer sauce to a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a heated frying pan coated with 1 tsp of olive oil, cook bacon, spinach and mushrooms until the veggies are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and transfer mixture to a bowl. Mix in ricotta cheese.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and shave it into thin slices (will make approximately 14 slices).
- Take two slices and place them in a cross like form. Add a tablespoon of filing in the center of the cross and fold in a crisscross fashion.
- Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a large frying pan and add in ravioli seam side down.
- Cook on medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and top with sauce.
Makes one serving. Serving is approximately 420 calories.