Do you love cheese bread but hate the calories and fat that come with it? Well this may be the recipe for you! These Cauliflower Cheese Bites are cheesy and doughy, and all without using any flour! This recipe was adapted from Blogilates.
You'll start off by taking 3 cups of cauliflower and placing it in a blender of food processor. Blend until the cauliflower becomes a smooth rice-like consistency. This should make around 1 cup of mixture. If you have a bit more, that's fine! It will still turn out great.
Place cauliflower mixture into a microwavable bowl, and microwave on high for 7 minutes. Next, add in one egg, half a teaspoon of minced garlic, half a teaspoon of basil paste, one teaspoon of dried oregano, half a cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, and sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste. Mix well.
Bake for 20-25 minutes at 375° F and serve. These bites taste great dipped in pizza sauce or ranch dressing!
Makes 9 bites
Recipe adapted from Blogilates
3 cups Cauliflower (to make 1 cup shredded cauliflower)
1/2 tsp Garlic, minced
1/2 tsp Basil paste
1 tsp Dried oregano
1/2 cup Light mozzarella cheese, shredded
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place cauliflower in blender or food processor and blend until it becomes a smooth rice-like consistency.
- Place cauliflower in a microwavable bowl, and microwave on high for 7 minutes.
- To cauliflower, add egg, garlic, basil, oregano and mozzarella cheese. Add sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray.
- Form balls with cauliflower mixture (using an ice cream scoop works great) and place on baking sheet.
- Bakes for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and serve. *tip: tastes great served with pizza sauce or ranch dressing.
Makes 9 bites. Each bite is approximately 30 calories.