I have found a new love for zucchinis! They're so versatile and make an awesome substitute to pasta. I love me some Fettuccine Alfredo, but all that pasta and creamy sauce makes me feel sluggish after. This modified version of the classic dish is sure to satisfy while being gluten-free and filled with veggies! Definitely give this a try! You can also use the Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce on your regular pasta or substitute the pasta in any dish for these zucchini noodles.
First, for the Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce: You'll start off by adding one and a half cups of cauliflower florets to a pot of boiling water. Cover and boil for 20 minutes. (while this is boiling, start making your zucchini noodles! instructions are down below). Strain and add to a blender with half a tablespoon of light cream cheese, half a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice, a quarter teaspoon of basil paste, a quarter teaspoon of dried oregano, two tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese, and sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste. Blend until smooth and set aside.
Now for the noodles: Start off by peeling and cutting off the ends of two zucchinis. You'll then slice them in half lengthwise, shave zucchinis into thin slices and cut slices into long strips. This will made your noodles.
Heat up a pan on medium heat, drizzle with a quarter teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, and add your zucchini strips and one cup of chopped baby spinach. Cook for around 5 minutes, tossing constantly.
Mix in your Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce and half a cup of cooked and chopped chicken breast. Mix well and serve.
Pasta-Free Zucchini Chicken Fettuccine with Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
Makes 1 serving
1 cup Baby spinach, chopped
1/4 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup Chicken breast, cooked and chopped
1 1/2 cups Cauliflower florets
1/2 tbsp Light cream cheese
1/2 tsp Freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 tsp Basil paste
1/4 tsp Dried oregano
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
Sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place cauliflower florets in a pot of boiling water, and boil covered for 20 minutes.
- Strain, and to a blender, add cauliflower, cream cheese, lemon juice, basil paste, oregano, parmesan cheese and sea salt & pepper. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Cut off ends of zucchinis, peel and cut in half lengthwise.
- Shave zucchinis into thin slices and cut slices into long strips.
- Heat up a frying pan on medium heat, drizzle with olive oil. Add zucchini strips and spinach to pan and cook for 5 minutes, tossing constantly.
- Mix in cauliflower alfredo sauce and chicken.
- Plate and serve.
Makes 1 serving. Serving is approximately 300 calories.