A dish that I always look forward to having during the holidays is a delicious and cheesy hash brown casserole. This dish is a family favorite during gatherings however, it is very fatty and high in calories. This Ham & Cheese Spaghetti Squash Casserole is my healthy take on this dish while keeping the delicious cheesy flavor!
First, cut a spaghetti squash lengthwise and clean the insides. Place both halves face up on a foil lined baking sheet and cook in the over for 45 minutes at 375oF.
Combine three cups of your cooked spaghetti squash with half a cup of diced cooked ham, half a cup of diced white onion, two minced garlic cloves, one cup of shredded light cheddar cheese, a third cup of light sour cream and sea salt and ground pepper to taste. Place mixture in a baking dish and cook in the oven for 30 minutes at 350oF.
To crisp the top, broil in the oven for an additional 2 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before digging in!
Ham & Cheese Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Makes 4 servings
3 cups Spaghetti squash, cooked
½ cup Cooked ham, diced
½ cup White onion, diced
2 Garlic cloves, minced
1 cup Light cheddar cheese, shredded
1/3 cup Light sour cream
Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375oF. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, clean the insides and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and shred the insides with a fork. Reserve 3 cups of the cooked spaghetti squash.
- Mix together cooked spaghetti squash, ham, onions, garlic, cheese, sour cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish and cook for 30 minutes at 350oF.
- Broil for an additional 2 minutes to lightly crisp the top.
- Remove from oven, and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Makes 4 servings. Each serving is approximately 185 calories.