Portobello mushrooms are versatile and make anything taste delicious. My favorite way to cook them is by using them as a "crust" or base for a pizza. For this recipe, I use my Fresh Homemade Salsa to add a special kick of flavor.
With a spoon, remove stem and gills from portobello mushroom caps.
Next, mix together a half cup of our Fresh Homemade Salsa, a quarter cup of light crumbled feta cheese, and 2 slices of diced turkey bacon.
Fill mushroom caps with mixture and top mushrooms with one quarter cup of shredded light mozzarella cheese (eighth cup per mushroom).
Create foil rings and place on a baking sheet lined with foil. The foil rings will prevent the mushrooms from getting soggy and will allow them to roast more evenly. Place mushroom caps on foil rings and bake for 20-25 minutes at 375°F.
Take them out of the oven and serve!
Bruchetta Portobello Mushroom Pizza
Makes 2 servings
2 Portobello Mushroom Caps
1/2 cup Fresh Homemade Salsa
1/4 cup Light Feta Cheese, crumbled
2 slices Turkey Bacon, diced
1/4 cup Light mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove stem and gills from mushroom caps using a spoon.
- Mix together salsa, feta cheese and turkey bacon.
- Fill mushrooms with mixture. Top with feta cheese.
- Using foil, create foil rings and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Place mushrooms on foil rings (this will prevent the mushrooms from becoming soggy).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes and serve.
Makes 2 servings. Each serving is approximately 155 calories.