Here’s another creamy soup to warm you up on those cold days. This recipe is entirely made of vegetables! A great way to get some veggies into your day.
Cut one large red pepper into quarters, removing the stems and seeds. Place pieces skin side up on a baking sheet lined with tin foil.
Broil in the oven for 10 minutes or until the skins have blackened.
Remove the peppers from the oven and transfer into a bag (Ziploc or brown paper bag) with tongs. Seal the bag and let the peppers steam for around 10 minutes.
Once the peppers are done steaming, remove from bag and peel off the skins. Set aside.
Bring a pot of water to a boil and add in two cups of chopped cauliflower. Boil for 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Set aside.
In a blender, add in cauliflower, roasted red peppers, one clove of minced garlic, one tablespoon of light sour cream, a quarter cup of water, salt, pepper and sriracha to taste. Blend until smooth and serve!
Roasted Red Pepper and Cauliflower Soup
Makes 2 servings
1 large red pepper
2 cups cauliflower, chopped
1 Garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp Light sour cream
¼ cup water
Salt and pepper to taste
Sriracha or any hot sauce to taste.
- Cut pepper into quarter and place pieces skin side up on a foil lined baking sheet. Broil peppers for 10 minutes in oven.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a bag. Seal and let the peppers steam for 10 minutes.
- Once they are done steaming, remove peppers from bag and peal off the skins. Set aside.
- Boil cauliflower in a large pot of water for 10 minutes or until tender.
- In a blender, add roasted red peppers, cauliflower, garlic, sour cream and water. Add salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste. Blend until smooth and serve.
Makes 2 servings. Each serving is approximately 60 calories.