Here’s a great dinner or lunch recipe for you: my Pesto Ricotta Shrimp Pasta. This dish is filled with veggies, shrimp and creamy pesto goodness. It’s definitely my go to meal! At around 290 calories per serving, this is undeniably a guilt-free pasta dish.
You’ll first start off by dicing up half of a red, yellow and orange pepper as well as a quarter green pepper. Dice up a quarter red onion, two cloves of garlic, and a half-cup of mushrooms. Take 2 frozen spinach nuggets and defrost in the microwave. Heat up a skillet and add two teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil. Once oil is warm, add all of your veggies.
While your veggies are cooking, take 1 cup of whole wheat egg white pasta and add to a pot of salted boiling water. Cook until tender (around 9 minutes) then strain. Return pasta to pot. * Side note – Catelli Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat Egg White Noodles are amazing! Delicious and a better alternative to your normal white pasta. I would definitely recommend trying it out for yourself if you haven’t already!
Once veggies are tender (around 10-15 minutes), add 1 cup of thawed shrimp to the skillet. Cook for an additional 5 minutes until shrimp is warm.
Once shrimp is done cooking, add veggie and shrimp mix to pasta. Add one tablespoon of pesto and 2 tablespoons of light ricotta cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and serve. Makes 2 servings.
Healthy Pesto Ricotta Shrimp Pasta
Makes 2 servings
1 cup Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat Egg White Noodles (or your pasta of choice)1
1 cup Shrimp, thawed
1 cup Shrimp, thawed
½ Red bell pepper, diced
½ Orange Bell pepper, diced
½ Yellow bell pepper, diced
¼ Green bell pepper, diced
¼ Red onion, diced
½ Cup mushrooms, sliced
2 Garlic cloves, chopped
2 Frozen spinach nuggets, thawed (or ¼ cup fresh spinach, chopped)
1 Tbsp Pesto
2 Tbsp Light smooth ricotta cheese
2 Tsp Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat up a skillet and coat with extra virgin olive oil.
- Add peppers, onion, mushrooms, spinach and garlic to skillet. Mix continuously.
- While veggies are cooking, bring a pot of water to a boil. Salt, and add pasta. Cook until tender (approx. 9 minutes). Strain and return to pot.
- After veggies are tender (approx. 10-15 minutes), add shrimp. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until shrimp are warm.
- Once veggies and shrimp are cooked, add the mixture to the pasta.
- Add pesto, ricotta cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and serve.
Makes 2 servings. Each serving is approximately 290 calories.