Sorry for missing a post on Sunday! We're both drowning in school work, but we will try our best to keep posting regularly. This next recipe is a new take on pork chops. Growing up, we always ate pork chops in the plainest way possible: with BBQ sauce. This recipe spices things up a bit by stuffing pork chops with feta, spinach, sun dried tomatoes and lemon zest. The combination of flavors is amazing and goes great with a side of roasted potatoes.
To start, heat up a skillet on medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Add half of a minced garlic clove, one cup of chopped baby spinach and three chopped sun dried tomatoes. Sauté for a few minutes until spinach is tender and remove from heat.
In a bowl, combine spinach mixture with two tablespoons of light and smooth ricotta cheese, two tablespoons of light crumbled feta cheese, a pinch of lemon zest and sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste.
Take two pork chops and cut horizontal slits in order to create a pocket.
Stuff each pork chop with half of the cheese and spinach mixture.
In a bowl, combine half a teaspoon of dijon mustard, one teaspoon of lemon juice, half a teaspoon of oregano paste and half of a minced garlic clove. Spread mixture evenly on both sides of pork chops.
Next, you'll need to coat a skillet with half a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil. Cook pork chops, covered, on medium heat for approximately 3 minutes per side. Once fully cooked thru, remove from skillet and serve.
Feta, Spinach & Sun Dried Tomato Stuffed Pork Chops
Makes 2 servings
Adapted from My Recipes
2 Pork Chops
1 Garlic clove, minced
1 cup Baby spinach, chopped
3 Sun dried tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp Light and smooth ricotta cheese
2 tbsp Light feta cheese, crumbled
Pinch of lemon zest
Sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Lemon juice
1/2 tsp Oregano paste
1/2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Heat up a skillet coated with cooking spray. Add half of minced garlic, spinach and sun dried tomatoes. Sauté for a few minutes until spinach in tender. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, mix together sautéed spinach, ricotta cheese, feta cheese, lemon zest, sea salt and pepper.
- Cut a horizontal slit in both pork chops to create a pocket. Stuff each pork chop with half of the cheese and spinach mixture.
- In a bowl, combine dijon mustard, lemon juice, remaining minced garlic and oregano. Spread mixture evenly on both sides of pork chops.
- Coat a skillet with olive oil and cook pork chops on medium heat. Cook covered for approximately 3 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and serve.
Makes 2 servings. Each serving is approximately 220 calories.