This is a quick and easy appetizer that is sure to please any jalapeno popper fan!
Start by making the filling. Blend together half a cup of black beans, half of a small avocado, two tablespoons of light cream cheese and three pickled jalapeno slices. Blend mixture until smooth and set aside.
Next, cut eight mini sweet peppers in half lengthwise and clean the insides.
Spoon the mixture in each pepper slice.
Sprinkle light shredded cheese over top of each stuffed pepper. A third cup of shredded cheese should suffice.
Place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 350oF.
Avocado, Black Bean & Jalapeno Stuffed Mini Peppers
Makes 16 slices
8 Mini sweet peppers
½ cup Black beans
½ Small avocado
2 tbsp Light cream cheese
3 Pickled jalapeno slices
1/3 cup Light shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- Blend together black beans, avocado, cream cheese and jalapeno slices until smooth. Set mixture aside.
- Cut peppers In half lengthwise and clean the insides.
- Spoon the mixture in each pepper slice.
- Sprinkle cheese over top of the stuffed peppers.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
Makes 16 slices. Each slice is approximately 25 calories.