Make these Zucchini & Egg Breakfast Bakes on Sunday night and have your breakfasts ready for the week. They taste even better the second day!! We found a Flourless Zucchini Pie recipe by Detoxinista and just had to give it a try! We slightly modified the recipe by adding one of our favourite ingredients (turkey bacon!) and making individual portions.
Start by grating zucchinis until you have around three cups. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible and toss in a bowl.
Mix in two large eggs, a quarter cup of light cheddar cheese, one slice of chopped turkey bacon, half a teaspoon of baking powder, a teaspoon of onion powder and sea salt and ground pepper to taste.
Lightly grease two 10oz ramekins with butter or cooking spray. Divide zucchini and egg mixture evenly in both ramekins.
Bake in the oven at 350oF for 40-45 minutes until the centres are cooked through and the tops have lightly browned.
Remove from the oven and serve!
Zucchini & Egg Breakfast Bake
Makes 2 servings
Adapted from Detoxinista
3 cups Zucchini, grated
2 Large eggs
1/4 cup Light cheddar cheese, shredded
1 Slice Turkey Bacon, chopped
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Onion powder
Sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- Grate zucchini and drain as much liquid as possible.
- In a bowl, mix together drained zucchini, eggs, cheese, turkey bacon, baking powder, onion powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly grease 2 10oz ramekins with butter or cooking spray.
- Divide mixture evenly in both ramekins.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the centres are cooked and the tops are lightly browned.
Makes 2 servings. Each serving is approximately 175 calories.