Appetizers often leave you so full, that you can't even enjoy the main meal. A perfect start to any meal, these Grilled Ricotta & Sundried Tomato Zucchini Roll-Ups are light, healthy and delicious.
Start by cutting one zucchini lengthwise in 1/4" thick strips. You may want to use a mandolin slicer.
Toss strips in a bowl with half a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil until all the strips are evenly coated. Grill the strips for a few minutes per side, until they brown (I used a George Forman Grill).
While the zucchinis are grilling, in a bowl, mix together a quarter cup of ricotta cheese, a quarter teaspoon of garlic powder and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Chop up a quarter cup of sundried tomatoes and set aside.
Once zucchini strips are done, remove from grill and spread a bit of ricotta mixture evenly over top of each slice.
Top with chopped sun dried tomatoes and baby spinach leaves.
Roll up and serve!
Grilled Ricotta & Sun Dried Tomato Zucchini Roll-Ups
Makes 8 Roll-ups
1/4 cup Light smooth ricotta cheese
1/4 cup Sun dried tomatoes
1/3 cup Baby spinach
1/2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp Garlic powder
Sea salt & ground pepper to taste
- Cut zucchini lengthwise in 1/4" thick strips.
- Toss strips in a bowl with olive oil until they are all evenly coated.
- Grill strips a few minutes per side until they brown (I used a George Forman Grill).
- In bowl, mix together ricotta, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop up sun dried tomatoes and set aside.
- Once zucchini is cooked, remove from grill and lightly spread a bit of the ricotta mixture over top of each slice.
- Top with chopped sun dried tomatoes and spinach leaves and roll up.
Makes 8 roll-ups. Whole recipe is approximately 140 calories.