We love potatoes and are always looking to incorporate them in healthy dishes. This next recipe does just that by infusing the fresh taste of lemon and rosemary in this chicken and potato dish.
Start by making the rub for the chicken. In a bowl, combine half a teaspoon of dijon mustard, a quarter teaspoon of lemon zest, half of a minced garlic clove, half a teaspoon of dried rosemary and a pinch of sea salt.
Rub evenly on both sides of two chicken breasts.
Transfer the chicken to a skillet, heated with half a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil. Sear both sides of the chicken for approximately 2 minutes per side.
Remove from heat and transfer to a dish. Add eight sliced mini red potatoes as well as half a cup of low sodium chicken broth and a quarter cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Top chicken with two slices of lemon a piece. Cover the dish and cook at 350oF for 40-45 minutes until fully cooked. Remove from the oven and serve!
Lemon & Rosemary Chicken with Red Potatoes
Makes 2 servings
2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
¼ cup Freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ cup Low sodium chicken broth
½ tsp Dijon mustard
¼ tsp Lemon zest
½ tsp Dried rosemary
½ Garlic clove, minced
8 Mini red potatoes, sliced in half
½ tsp Extra virgin olive oil
4 Lemon slices
Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- In a bowl, combine mustard, lemon zest, rosemary, garlic and a pinch of salt.
- Rub mixture evenly on both sides of chicken breasts.
- Heat up olive oil in a skillet.
- Once oil is hot, sear chicken for approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a dish and fill with potatoes, broth and lemon juice.
- Top chicken breasts with 2 lemon slices each.
- Cover and cook in the oven for 40-45 minutes until fully cooked.
Makes 2 servings. Each serving is approximately 270 calories.