This next breakfast is high in protein and is gluten-free! Perfect for those avoiding carbs and ideal for those looking for a filling, healthy breakfast to start the day.
In a bowl, mix together two eggs, two tablespoons of light cottage cheese, one slice of diced turkey bacon, half a cup of chopped baby spinach, and sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste. Set aside.
Using a spoon, scoop out the top and continue scooping out the inside of the tomatoes until you are left with tomato "bowls".
Once ready, remove from the oven and serve!
Makes 1 serving
2 tbsp Light cottage cheese
1 Slice turkey bacon, diced
1/2 cup Baby spinach, chopped
Sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, cottage cheese, turkey bacon, baby spinach and sea salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Using a knife, cut a circle around the top step of the tomato. Using a spoon, scoop out the top and continue scooping out the inside of the tomatoes until you are left with a little tomato "bowl".
- Fill tomatoes with egg mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Makes 1 serving. Each serving is approximately 240 calories.