If you have a little extra time in the morning, you should skip your typical fruit & yogurt combo and give this Breakfast Banana Split with Homemade Granola a try!
Start by prepping your banana. Cut in half lengthwise and place on a foil sheet. Melt half a teaspoon of butter in the microwave and brush evenly over top of both banana slices. Combine half a teaspoon of brown sugar and an eight teaspoon of ground cinnamon together and layer over top of the banana slices. Wrap the bananas in foil and broil in the oven for 4 minutes.
While the bananas are cooking, make your granola. In a small microwavable bowl, mix together one tablespoon of large flake oats, one teaspoon of whole wheat flour, one teaspoon of maple syrup, a quarter teaspoon of brown sugar and a dash of cinnamon. Microwave for one minute, mixing the blend every fifteen seconds. Remove from the microwave and set aside.
Once the bananas are done cooking, remove from the oven and plate. Top with a third cup of low fat vanilla yogurt, a quarter cup of mixed berries and your homemade granola.
Breakfast Banana Split with Homemade Granola
Makes 1 serving
1 Medium banana
1/2 tsp Brown sugar
1/8 tsp Ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp Butter
1/3 cup Low fat vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup Mixed berries
1 tbsp Large flake oats
1 tsp Whole wheat flour
1 tsp Maple syrup
1/4 tsp Brown sugar
Dash of ground cinnamon
- In a small microwavable bowl, mix together oats, flour, maple syrup, brown sugar and a dash of cinnamon.
- Cook in the microwave for 1 minute, mixing the blend every 15 seconds. Set aside
- Cut banana in two, lengthwise.
- Melt butter in the microwave and layer evenly on the top of both banana slices.
- Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon and layer over top of both banana slice.
- Wrap bananas in foil, place on a baking sheet and broil in the oven for 4 minutes.
- Once bananas are cooked, remove from the oven and plate.
- Top with yogurt, berries and granola.
Makes 1 serving. Serving is approximately 230 calories.