Hello all and sorry for the lack of posts in the past weeks. Decided to take a little break during exam time. Now that we're home for the holidays, we will resume posting frequent new healthy recipes for you all.
This next recipe incorporates one of our favourite ingredients: Avocados! This Avocado, Bruchetta & Ricotta Stuffed Chicken is moist and full of fresh flavours. Plus, the red and green ingredients make this a festive dish for the holidays.
In a bowl, mix together two minced garlic cloves, half a cup of diced tomatoes, a quarter cup of diced white onion, a quarter cup of light smooth ricotta cheese, one teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste.
Next, take half of a small ripe avocado and mash together in a bowl. Evenly spread avocado on top of two large butterflied chicken breast (click here for instructions on how to butterfly a chicken breast).
Top each chicken breast with bruchetta mixture.
Roll up chicken breasts and hold in place with toothpicks.
Transfer the chicken breasts to a foil lined baking sheet. Top chicken breasts with half a teaspoon on extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of garlic powder and sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste. Cook in oven at 350oF for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool and slice up. Serve and enjoy.
Avocado, Bruchetta & Ricotta Stuffed Chicken
Makes 2 servings
2 Large chicken breasts, boneless, Butterflied and pounded
2 Garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup Tomato, diced
1/4 cup White onion, diced
1/4 cup Light and smooth ricotta cheese
1 1/2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 Small avocado, ripe
Sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
Pinch of garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350oF .
- In a bowl, mix together garlic, tomatoes, white onion, ricotta cheese, 1 tsp extr virgin olive oil, and sea salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Spread avocado evenly onto chicken breasts and spread bruchetta mixture onto avocado.
- Roll up chicken and hold in place with toothpicks.
- Transfer chicken breasts onto foil lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle chicken breasts with 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Slice up and serve.
Makes 2 servings. Each serving is approximately 325 calories.