This next recipe is one of my classics! This is my go to recipe when I want something filling, loaded with veggies and low cal. Every time I make this for someone, they always ask for the recipe, so here it is: my Bean, Turkey & Ranch Stuffed Peppers!
You'll start off by cutting two bell peppers in half and cleaning the centers. You'll then place them in a pot of boiling water and boil them, covered, for 15 minutes. Once done, remove the peppers from the water and set aside.
While the peppers are boiling, you can start cooking the filling. Heat up a skillet on medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Add in a third cup of diced red onion, a quarter cup of diced red bell pepper, a quarter cup of diced yellow pepper and one minced garlic clove. Cook for a few minutes until the veggies tender up, then add in half a cup of 6 bean medley and 150 grams of extra lean ground turkey.
Mix in half a teaspoon of dried parsley, a quarter teaspoon of garlic powder, a dash of paprika, a dash of onion powder, and sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste. Cook until meat has browned.
Once meat is cooked, transfer mixture into a bowl. Mix in one tablespoon of light ranch dressing and a quarter cup of shredded light mozzarella cheese.
Place your halved bell peppers onto a baking sheet lined with foil, and fill peppers with meat and veggie mixture. Divide a quarter cup of shredded light mozzarella cheese to top peppers. Bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes until cheese has melted.
Plate and serve.
Bean, Turkey & Ranch Stuffed Peppers
Makes 2 servings
2 Whole Bell Peppers
1/3 cup Red onion, diced
1/4 cup Red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup Yellow bell pepper, diced
1 Garlic clove, minced
1/2 cups 6 Bean medley
150g Extra lean ground turkey
1/2 tsp Dried parsley
1/4 tsp Garlic powder
Dash of paprika
Dash of onion powder
Sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
1 tbsp Light ranch dressing
1/2 cup light mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut bell peppers in half and clean center. Place in a pot of boiling water and boil, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove from water and set aside.
- Heat up a skillet, coat with cooking spray and add red onion, red pepper, yellow pepper and garlic.
- Cook for a few minutes until veggies are a little tender, then add in 6 bean medley and ground turkey.
- Add in parsley, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Cook under meat has browned.
- Once meat and veggie mixture is finished cooking, place in a bowl and mix with ranch dressing and 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place halved peppers onto a baking sheet lined with foil. Fill peppers with meat and veggie mixture and top with remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Place in oven and cook for 10-15 minutes until cheese has melted. Plate and serve.
Makes 2 servings. Each serving is approximately 300 calories.