I often crave sweet and salty treats. The other day, I decided to combine my love of popcorn and homemade vegan chocolate together and created this masterpiece! It's the perfect healthy sweet and salty snack!
Start by making 5 cups of popped popcorn. You can use any method that you prefer to pop your popcorn, either air popped, stove top or microwave. Personally, I put kernels in a brown paper bag, fold over the top a few times, and microwave on high for 2-2 1/2 minutes. Easy peasy plus you don't need to use any oil.
Next, you want to make your chocolate drizzle. Start by heating up one tablespoon of virgin coconut oil until liquid. Mix in one tablespoon of cocoa powder and half a teaspoon of pure maple syrup. Whisk together until well combined.
You'll then want to transfer your popcorn to a large Ziplock bag. Drizzle your popcorn with 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil and sea salt to taste. Shake the bag until well combined. Next, you slowly want to add in your melted chocolate and shake the bag until everything is evenly coated. And voila! You are finished making your delicious snack. If you want the chocolate to harden, place in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes. Or you can eat it as is and lick your fingers along the way.
Vegan Salted Chocolate Popcorn
Makes 2 servings
5 cups air popped popcorn
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
sea salt to taste
- Make 5 cups of popcorn. You can use your preferred method, preferably with nothing added to the popcorn.
- Melt coconut oil and mix in cocoa powder and maple syrup. Whisk together until well combined.
- Transfer popcorn to a large Ziplock bag. Add olive oil and sea salt. Shake until well combined.
- Slowly drizzle chocolate on popcorn, shaking bag until evenly coated.
- If you want the chocolate to harden, refrigerate for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!