Great for any meal of the day, this frittata tastes even better the second day! You can make them in advance, store in the fridge and re-heat in the morning for a quick and healthy breakfast.
Start by peeling one white potato and dicing into fine pieces. Next, chop three green onion stocks and mince one garlic clove.
Heat a skillet with half a teaspoon of olive oil over medium and sauté potatoes, green onions and garlic until tender, approximately 10 minutes. Add sea salt and ground pepper to taste.
Next, chop two and a half cups of baby spinach. You can easily double the amount of spinach but this is all I had on hand. Add spinach to the skillet and heat up for an additional two to three minutes.
Transfer mixture into a greased (cooking spray) ceramic baking dish.
Whisk two large eggs and a quarter cup of skim or almond milk together in a bowl. Add to baking dish.
Top with two teaspoons of shredded asiago cheese.
Bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 350oF.
Remove from oven, let sit for a few minutes before serving!
Spinach & Potato Frittata
Makes 1 serving
1 white potato, peeled and diced
3 green onion stocks, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 ½ cups baby spinach, chopped
2 large eggs
¼ skim milk or almond milk
2 tsp asiago cheese, shredded
sea salt & ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- Heat up olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes, green onions and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until potatoes are tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add in chopped spinach, cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a greased ceramic baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Pour over mixture in the baking dish.
- Top with cheese and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
Makes one serving. Serving is approximately 310 calories.