This is a great drink to try on a hot summer day. The fresh taste is sure to satisfy!
Start by bringing three and a half cups of water, one pound of diced rhubarb (approximately 3 1/2 to 4 cups), a third cup of honey and the zest of two lemons to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Next, cut three cups of halved strawberries. Once the mixture is done simmering, add in strawberries and let simmer for an additional 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
While the fruit purée is cooling, start squeezing the juice out of 5-6 lemons to get 1 1/2 cups of freshly squeeze juice. Once the purée is cooled, blend lemon juice and purée together until smooth. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade
Recipe from Tartelette
3 1/2 cups of water
1 pound rhubarb, diced (approx. 3 1/2 to 4 cups)
1/3 cup honey
zest of two lemons
3 cups strawberries, halved
1 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Combine water, rhubarb and lemon zest in a large pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add strawberries and continue to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Transfer cooled fruit purée to a blender and add lemon juice.
- Blend until smooth and refrigerate.
Whole recipe is approximately 590 calories.