No butter. No refined sugar. Pure delight!
Start by submerging one cup of pitted dates in water and let the soak for an hour.
While dates are soaking, thinly slice approximately 10 small gala apples. You should be left with approximately 7 cups of apples slices.
Transfer apples to a large baking dish.
Transfer dates to a blender, reserving half a cup of the liquid. Pour liquid in the blender and blend until you are left with a smooth paste.
Pour one cup of oats in the date paste and mix well until the mixture is uniform. Top the apples with the oat mixture.
Bake in the oven at 350F for 45 minutes or until apples are your desired texture.
Remove from oven and serve!
This apple crisp tastes perfect with a side of Salted Caramel Date Sauce!
Makes 12 servings
7 cups gala apples, sliced
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp whole wheat flour
1 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup date liquid
1 cup oats
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Submerge dates in water and let soak for one hour.
- Cut apples in this slices.
- Toss apples in a bowl with cinnamon and flour until evenly coated.
- Transfer apple slices to a large baking dish.
- Add soaked dates to a blender with the reserved liquid. Blend until smooth.
- Pour oats in the date paste and and mix until mixture is uniform.
- Top apples with oat mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until apples are the desired tenderness.
- Serve with Salted Caramel Date Sauce.
Makes 12 servings. Serving is approximately 80 calories.