Great as a side or appetizer! This recipe is quick and delicious.
Start by slicing one butternut squash into one eighth of an inch thick slices. Place slices on a cooking rack.
Next, make a fresh herb mixture. I had fresh chives and parsley on hand but you can use anything at your disposal. Mix together one minced garlic clove, a few sprigs of fresh chives and parsley and two teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil. Evenly top each squash slice with herb mixture.
Bake in the oven at 350oF for approximately 30 minutes. I turned on the convention on my oven to make sure that the squash baked evenly. Also, I would recommend placing a pan below your cooking rack to catch any excess oil.
While the squash is baking, prepare your bruschetta. You can make yours as you desire but I decided to keep it simple for this recipe. Simply combine one chopped roma tomato, one minced garlic clove and a quarter cup of crumbled feta.
Once the squash slices are done baking, remove from the oven.
Top with bruschetta and serve.
Butternut Squash Bruschetta Bites
Makes 1 serving
1 butternut squash
2 garlic cloves, minced
few sprigs of fresh chives, chopped
few sprigs of fresh parsley, chopped
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 small roma tomato, diced
1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Make sure the oven is turned on convection.
- Slice squash into 1/8'' thick slices.
- Place slices on a cooking rack.
- In a bowl, mix together, one minced garlic clove, herbs and oil.
- Evenly spoon herb mixture onto the squash slices.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Mix tomatoes, garlic and feta together in a bowl.
- Top baked squash with bruschetta mixture.
Makes 1 serving. Serving is approximately 290 calories.