A perfect dish to pair with our Homemade Tzatziki!
Start by soaking 6-8 bamboo skewers in water. Let them soak for a few hours before using. As we only had a mini George Forman Grill on hand, we cut the skewers in half. We used 7 halves for this recipe.
Cut one boneless skinless chicken breast into 14-16 large chunk and place in a bowl. Coat chicken with a teaspoon of oregano paste, a quarter teaspoon of garlic powder, one teaspoon of lemon juice, half a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
Start assembling your skewers. We used 2 pieces of chicken, one grape tomato, a chunk of red onion, and red, yellow and orange peppers for each skewer.
Once they are assembled, cook on a grill. We used our George Forman Grill and it took around 5-8 minutes for them to fully cook.
Remove from the grill and serve on a bed of rice, couscous or quinoa with some homemade tzatziki!
Makes 2 servings
1 boneless skinless chicken breast
1tsp oregano paste
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper
vegetables (grape tomatoes, peppers, red onions)
- Start by soaking 6-8 bamboo skewers in water. Let soak for a few hours before using.
- Cut chicken breast into 14-16 chunks and place in a bowl.
- Coat chicken with oregano, garlic powder, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble your skewers with chicken and vegetables of choice.
- Grill with a George Forman Grill for 5 to 8 minutes until fully cooked.
- Serve on a bed of rice, couscous or quinoa and tzatziki!
Makes 2 servings. Each serving is approximately 180 calories (without rice/couscous/quinoa and tzatziki)