Much healthier then the kinds you would find at the grocery store. It tastes great with vegetables, pita slices and chicken souvlaki!
Start by cutting half of a large seedless english cucumber into large chunks. Place in a colander and sprinkle with sea salt. Place the colander in the sink and let sit for one hour so that the water can drain from the cucumbers. Using paper towel, pat the cucumbers dry.
Diced them very finely. Once diced, squeeze out the remaining water and set aside.
In a bowl combine minced cucumber, half of a finely minced garlic clove, a tablespoon of lemon juice, half a teaspoon of dill weed and half a cup of fat free plain greek yogurt. Let set in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours and serve!
½ large seedless english cucumber, cut in chunks
½ garlic clove, finely minced
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp dill weed
½ cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- Sprinkle cucumber chunks with sea salt and place in a colander. Place colander in sink and let sit for 1 hour so that the water can drain from the cucumbers.
- Using paper towel, pat the cucumbers dry and dice very finely.
- Once cucumbers are diced, squeeze out the remaining water and set aside.
- Add garlic, lemon juice, dill weed and yogurt to the minced cucumber. Mix until uniform.
- Let set in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
Whole recipe is approximately 75 calories.