My roommate bought some buffalo wing sauce the other day and my life has now been changed. I started adding it to everything! Eggs, quinoa, chicken ... you name it, I've most likely added this buffalo wing sauce to it.
The other day, I decided to use my leftovers, which consisted of cooked quinoa, chicken breast and cauliflower (which was about to go bad), to create a recipe. Of course I had to add some Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce in there too! I figured that I might as well take some pictures along the way incase it turns out to be a blog-worthy recipe. Luckily, it past the test and was delicious!
First, start off by steaming three cups of cauliflower florets for 5-10 minutes until they soften. Transfer the cauliflower to a bowl and using a hand blender, blend until smooth. Add in a third cup of cooked quinoa, half a cup of cooked diced chicken breast, two tablespoons of Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce, and sea salt to taste.
Mix all the ingredients together and transfer the mixture to a small casserole dish.
Top the mixture with a quarter cup of shredded light marble cheese and place in the oven for 15 minutes at 350oF. Broil for an additional 2 minutes for cheese to brown.
Remove from the oven and serve!
Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower & Quinoa Casserole
Makes 2 servings
3 cups cauliflower florets
3/4 cups cooked quinoa
1/2 cup cooked chicken breast, diced
2 tbsp Frank's Buffalo Wing Hot Sauce
1/4 cup light marble cheese, shredded
sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- Steam cauliflower florets until soft (5-10 minutes).
- Transfer cauliflower to a bowl and, using a hand blender, blend until smooth.
- Add cooked quinoa, chicken, hot sauce and sea salt to cauliflower and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a small casserole dish and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then broil for an additional 2 minutes for cheese to brown.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Makes 2 servings. Each serving is approximately 250 calories.