Since we discovered Zengarry's Cashew Cheeses at Ottawa VegFest two summers ago, we've been hooked! Her cashew cheeses are the best we've ever had and changed the game when it came to making delicious cheesy vegan dishes.
We recently placed an order online and purchased multiple flavors! We've been busy in the kitchen creating new recipes with the delicious fauxmage, including these Cashew Cheese Jalapeno Poppers.
Cashew Cheese Jalapeno Poppers
4-5 large jalapeno peppers
1/2 cup Zengarry Cashew Cheese (or cashew cheese of choice)
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup plant-based milk
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut jalapeno peppers in half and take out the seeds.
- Fill peppers with cheese, about 1/2 tbsp per half depending on the size of your peppers.
- Place breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and salt in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Place flour and milk in two separate bowls.
- Dip stuffed pepper in flour, milk then breadcrumbs and transfer to a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Continue until all peppers are coated.
- Baked for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and serve.