Sunday 1 March 2015

Brie LT Sandwich

I tried this amazing sandwich at The Laughing Buddha, a cozy local restaurant in Sudbury, Ontario. I really wanted to make one for myself so here is my take on this delicious sandwich.



Start by toasting two slices of your favourite bread. I used light rye bread for this recipe. 
Next, evenly spread one and a half tablespoons of hummus of the two slices of toasted bread. Again, you can use your preference of flavour, I used light garlic hummus. 
Top one slice with 15g of alfalfa sprouts. 




Next, layer a few fresh basil leaves on top of the sprouts. I went to two separate grocery stores on the hunt for fresh basil and was unsuccessful, therefore I used spinach leaves for my sandwich. Either works, however the basil with evidently give the sandwich a much fresher taste. 

Slice 40g of brie and layer on top of basil. 






Next, top with a few slices of tomato and cucumber. Crack some fresh pepper on top and close off your sandwich with the other slice of toasted bread. 



Brie LT Sandwich
Makes 1 serving

Ingredients:

2 slices light rye bread
1 1/2 tbsp hummus
15g alfalfa sprouts
a few basil leafs
40g brie, sliced
 a few cucumber slices
a few tomato slices
freshly ground pepper

Instructions:
  1. Toast your bread.
  2. Evenly distribute hummus on both slices of toasted bread.
  3. Top one slice with alfalfa sprouts.
  4. Layer basil leaves, brie, tomato slices and cucumber slices on the bread.
  5. Crack fresh ground pepper on top of the cucumbers.
  6. Top with second slice of bread. 
Makes 1 serving. Serving is approximately 270 calories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment