When apples are starting to get a little too ripe for liking, why not make apple sauce! The simplicity of this recipe does not overlook the flavour. Fresh apple sauce is definitely worth making, all you need is a few minutes!
Start by peeling five ripe apples and dicing into fine pieces.
Transfer apples to a microwave safe dish. Add half a cup of water and half a tablespoon of ground cinnamon to the mix. Stir until apples are evenly coated with cinnamon.
Microwave, covered, on high for 3 minutes. Remove from microwave and let cool.
Serve either warm or chilled!
Quick & Easy Chunky Apple Sauce
Makes 2 servings
5 small ripe apples, various types
1/2 cup water
1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Peel and finely dice apples.
- Transfer to a microwave safe dish.
- Add water and cinnamon, mix well.
- Microwave, covered, on high for 3 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and let cool. Serve either warm or chilled.
Makes 2 one cup servings. Each serving is approximately 135 calories.